Nov 6, 2023
The number of local time zones in North America before
railroads helped move us towards uniform time zones. Just one
interesting tidbits from this week's SCOOP!
- The origins of daylight savings time & standard time. The
legislation that would change it permanently and the argument for
and against it.*
- The origins of election day in November - and what to watch for
- The latest on the economy - a lower than expected jobs report
sparking mixed reviews.
- Congress has 20 days of official work before end of the year.
Can they get the government funded?
- The military sends a submarine toward conflict and what to
watch for this week as Israel closes in on Gaza City.
- Plus ~ Did you know Hamas has used North Korean weapons?
- And finally - we mark Veterans Day with the little known
"Flying Tigers" of World War II.
Like what you're hearing here ad-free? Please consider
supporting SCOOP - our weekly newsletter that includes the video
and additional text to this report - including this week's look at
the "holy grail" of shipwrecks! Click
here for more: scoop.smarthernews.com
*P.S. point of clarification, the Senate DID pass the Sunshine
Protection Act once but it fully stalled in the House and lawmakers
now had to reintroduce to consider it!